Tuesday 11 March 2008

The next stage



Onto the next stage, sitting waiting and watching. I must say i quite enjoyed watching my tank, seeing the rock get algae on it and algae forming on the live sand. Then came the biggest brake through seeing life in my tank! wow i couldn't believe it all that sitting and waiting and finally a pay off i saw a crab in my live rock. I enjoyed doing the tank tests with the very good API testing kits, i felt like a mini scientist in the making. It was interesting to see over the period of 4 weeks my tank results for nitrite and ammonia stayed at 0ppm i think this was due to the cured live rock that i had in my tank. 4 weeks went by i was ready for my clean up crew! as my tank tests had stayed constant. I did a 20% water change the night before any life went in my tank, i seriously was so excited like a big kid.

The next day I purchased 3 blue legged hermit crabs, 1 turbo snail and 2 clownfish I was so excited to get them all home, I watched the lifestock for hours seeing where they liked to move where they would take up their own home and what they liked eating. I loved the way that the clownfish followed eachother around the tank they were instantly compatable! Here is some pictures of my new editions...


No comments: