Sunday 16 March 2008

A mission

Now i must say the little adventures and missions that creep up on you whilst fishkeeping keep the excitment going in marine fishkeeping! I saw a crab when i first had my live rock thought nothing of the critter as i thought ah he'd be a good clean up crew member. Hmmm however he shed his skin and the skin looked rather large so as my tank is only 58L i thought it advisable to get rid of my little friend. Now who could i find to help me with this mission? i know my crazy friend lizzy liz. In the meantime i tried explaining to my friends family that there was a crab in my tank that i never knew about an added bonus to the tank however did they believe me no? So was time for some night watching... low and behold we saw the camouflaged being behind a rock and voila it was mission time. Me and my friend liz investigated every hole in every rock then we found the little character! but we found him the problem was how on earth would we get him out? My friends fantastic idea involved of rock in bath cotton wool bud give him a poke up the bum (i laughed at this idea) but infact it worked didn't it! we had captured my little unknown friend and placed him in a container and my lovely boyfriend took him to my lfs whilst i went to work. It must have had some journey in between his legs in the car (haha sounds rude) but whats nice now is that i get to see him every time i go to my lfs (somebody someday may give him a home). My lfs said it was a good thing i got him out as he had hairy legs and would probably be aggressive towards my fish when he got bigger. I did take many pictures but on my phone so i can't show you my little friend ah well ill leave you with the thought that my friend decided to hold it and stroke it... which was slightly weird!

No comments: